Use Google Home to Control Smart Devices
Last Updated on：2023-01-05 15:18:24
This topic describes how to add smart devices and use Google Home to control them.
Before users control smart devices from Google Home, make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- A Wi-Fi network is available to access Google services.
- A Google Home smart speaker or an Android mobile phone that supports Google Assistant is provided.
- The latest Google Home app is installed.
- The latest Google app is installed if an Android mobile phone is used.
- A Google account has been created.
- The Degrii app is installed and its account is created.
- A smart device is prepared.
Step 1: Add device
Log in to the Degrii app, add the smart device to the app.
Step 2: Configure Google Home and add device
Download Google Home app
- Log in to the App Store with your Apple ID registered in the United States, and search and download Google Home for iOS.
- Go to Google Play, and download Google Home for Android.
Link account of Smart Life app
Method: Use Google Home app to start linking
- Open the Google Home app and tap + in the top left corner of the homepage.
- Select Set up device > Works with Google.
- Tap the Search icon in the top right corner of the page, and search for Smart Life.
- Tap the searched result and then Continue. The Google Home app will show Smart Life link. Tap Agree and link and wait for the end of loading. This way, the Degrii app is linked with Google Assistant.
Smart thermostat commands
Once your Degrii account is connected to Google Assistant, you can use the following voice commands to control your thermostat.
- “Ok Google,what’s the <thermostat name> set to?”
- “Ok Google, what’s the <thremostat name> temperature?”
- “Ok Google, Set the temperature to <number> degrees”
- “Ok Google, Set the <thermostat name> to <number> degrees”
- “Ok Google, decrease the <thermostat> by <number> degrees”
- “Ok Google, increase the <thermostat> by <number> degrees”
- “Ok Google, set the the <thermostat> to <mode>” (modes: heat, cool,auto, off)